Addition with regrouping can be a tricky concept for students. This unit was created to help students with 2 and 3 digit addition as well as addition with 3 and 4 addends. These activities introduce and review 4 different strategies to go along with each. They are the base ten model, expanded form, number line, and standard model. It includes 10 days worth of lesson plans to be used as a guide. These plans follow a guided math format that includes a warm-up, mini whole group lesson, independent practice, and small group ideas for you to use in your classroom. All activities come in color and black and white. Center direction and recording pages are included along with answer keys. Here is what you’ll get with this unit.
- Strategy Posters
- Anchor Charts
- Day 1 (2-Digit Base Ten Addition)
- Day 2 (2-Digit Expanded Form Addition)
- Day 3 (2-Digit Number Line Addition)
- Day 4 (2-Digit Standard Model Addition)
- Day 5 (2-Digit Addition Review)
- Day 6 (3-Digit Base Ten Addition)
- Day 7 (3-Digit Expanded Addition)
- Day 8 (3-Digit Number Line Addition)
- Day 9 (3-Digit Standard Model Addition)
- Day 10 (2 and 3-Digit Addition Review)
- Higher Order Thinking Questions
- Extra Activities to Use All Year
These lesson plans are filled with hands-on engagement and interactive notebook
activities. Games and task cards are also included and can be used all year long. You
will not find lots of worksheets in this unit.
Aligns with Texas TEKS: 2.4BCD
Aligns with CCS: 2.NBT.B.5
CLICK ON THE PREVIEW TO GET A DETAILED LOOK AT THIS UNIT.
If you have any questions just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.