Geometry is one of my favorite subjects to teach because there are so many hands on ways to explore 2D and 3D shapes. Fractions are a great way to take expand geometry concepts.
These geometry and fraction activities were created to introduce, practice, and review 2D shapes, 3D shapes, equal and unequal parts, halves, and fourths. It includes 15 days worth of lesson plans filled with activities and games to be used as a guide.
These plans follow a guided math format that include a warm up, mini whole group lesson, independent practice, and small group ideas for you to use in your classroom.
All activities come in color and black and white. Center direction and recording pages are included along with answer keys. Here is what you’ll get with this unit.
Here are the activities that you will get with this unit:
- Vocabulary Posters
- Anchor Chart
- Pre-Assessment with Data Checklist
- Geometry Games
- Lesson Plans
- Day 1 (Introducing 2D Shapes)
- Day 2 (2D Shapes)
- Day 3 (2D Shapes)
- Day 4 (Composing Shapes)
- Day 5 (Composing Shapes)
- Day 6 (Introducing 3D Shapes)
- Day 7 (Identifying 3D Shapes)
- Day 8 (Identifying 3D Shapes)
- Day 9 (Reviewing 2D and 3D Shapes)
- Day 10 (Geometry Review and Assessment)
- Day 11 (Equal and Unequal Parts)
- Day 12 (Fractions – Halves)
- Day 13 (Fractions – Fourths)
- Day 14 (Fraction Review)
- Day 15 (Fraction Review and Assessment)
- Higher Order Thinking Questions
- Extra Activities to Use All Year
These lesson plans are filled with hands on engagement and interactive notebook activities. Games and task cards are included. They are perfect for math centers and can be used all year long. You will not find lots of worksheets in this unit.
If you have any questions about this unit please let me know and I’ll be glad to help. Click on the preview to get a closer look.
Aligns with Texas TEKS 1.6ABCDEFGH
Aligns with Common Core Standards: 1.G.123
There are no reviews yet.