Subtraction with regrouping is always such a tricky concept for our little learners. This unit was created to help my students with 2 and 3 digit subtraction with regrouping.
There are activities to introduce and review 4 different strategies to go along with each. They are the base ten model, expanded form, number line, and standard model. It includes 10 days worth of lesson plans to be used as a guide. These plans follow a guided math format that include a warm up, mini whole group lesson, independent practice, and small group ideas for you to use in your classroom.
All activities come in color and black and white. Center direction and recording pages are included along with answer keys. Here is what you’ll get with this unit.
- Vocabulary Strategy Posters
- Anchor Charts
- Pre-Assessments with Data Checklists
- Day 1 (2-Digit Base Ten Subtraction)
- Day 2 (2-Digit Expanded Form Subtraction)
- Day 3 (2-Digit Number Line Subtraction)
- Day 4 (2-Digit Standard Model Subtraction)
- Day 5 (2-Digit Subtraction Review)
- Day 6 (3-Digit Base Ten Subtraction)
- Day 7 (3-Digit Number Line Subtraction)
- Day 8 (3-Digit Subtracting Across Zeroes)
- Day 9 (3-Digit Standard Model Subtraction)
- Day 10 (2 and 3-Digit Subtraction Review)
- Higher Order Thinking Questions
- Extra Activities to Use All Year
These lesson plans are filled with hands on engagement and interactive notebook
activities. Games and task cards are also included and can be used all year long. You
will not find lots of worksheets in this unit.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Cristi A said, “This was everything I needed and more to teach my 2nd graders this very difficult concept. Pacing ourselves like we did, students were able to build on their ability. Highly recommend this resource.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Tracey T said, “This is a HUGE resource!! I am very pleased! This is excellent for my 2nd graders because you have many strategies to support learning how to solve subtraction with regrouping! Thank you!!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Chloe D said, “I am obsessed with any content made by this TpT user. Since I do not use a textbook for my class, this curriculum addresses skill gaps and scaffolds in a comprehensible manner. I love the little workbooks! I use Astrobrite paper to make the pages pop! I highly recommend this purchase. It is worth it!”
Aligns with Texas TEKS: 2.4BCD
Aligns with CCS: 2.NBT.B.5
CLICK ON THE PREVIEW TO GET A DETAILED LOOK AT THIS UNIT. If you have any questions just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.
Looking for more Guided Math Units? Click Here!
Looking for more Guided Math resources? Click Here!
You can check out my other related units below: