Subtraction with regrouping is always such a tricky concept for our little learners. This unit was created to help my students with 2 and 3 digit subtraction. There are activities to introduce and review 4 different strategies to go along with each. They are the base ten model, expanded form, number line, and standard model. It includes 10 days worth of lesson plans to be used as a guide. These plans follow a guided math format that includes a warm-up, mini whole group lesson, independent practice, and small group ideas for you to use in your classroom. All activities come in color and black and white. Center direction and recording pages are included along with answer keys. Here is what you’ll get with this unit.
- Strategy Posters
- Anchor Charts
- Day 1 (2-Digit Base Ten Subtraction)
- Day 2 (2-Digit Expanded Form Subtraction)
- Day 3 (2-Digit Number Line Subtraction)
- Day 4 (2-Digit Standard Model Subtraction)
- Day 5 (2-Digit Subtraction Review)
- Day 6 (3-Digit Base Ten Subtraction)
- Day 7 (3-Digit Number Line Subtraction)
- Day 8 (3-Digit Subtracting Across Zeroes)
- Day 9 (3-Digit Standard Model Subtraction)
- Day 10 (2 and 3-Digit Subtraction Review)
- Higher Order Thinking Questions
- Extra Activities to Use All Year
These lesson plans are filled with hands-on engagement and interactive notebook activities. Games and task cards are also included and can be used all year long. You will not find lots of worksheets in this unit.
Aligns with Texas TEKS: 2.4BCD
Aligns with CCS: 2.NBT.B.5
CLICK ON THE PREVIEW TO GET A DETAILED LOOK AT THIS UNIT. If you have any questions just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.