Teaching subtraction with regrouping is always such a tricky concept for 2nd graders. Ensure the success of all your students by introducing them to multiple regrouping in subtraction strategies. Students will love all of the hands-on activities while teachers will be excited about each of the done-for-you resources!
These lesson plans for 2 and 3 digit subtraction with regrouping consist of 10 days of activities and are formatted in a guided math structure, featuring daily math warm-ups, whole-group mini-lessons, independent practice, and small-group classroom ideas.
There is four subtraction with regrouping strategies taught in this unit. They are:
- Subtraction with regrouping using base ten blocks
- Expanded form subtraction
- Regrouping with subtraction on an open number line
- Subtraction with regrouping using the standard algorithm
In this 2nd grade guided math unit you will not find lots of regrouping subtraction worksheets, but rather, more collaborative activities that will engage students in their work! Plus, there are task cards and subtraction games! All of these regrouping in subtraction activities come in color and black and white.
- Day 1 (2-Digit Base Ten Subtraction)
- Day 2 (2-Digit Expanded Form Subtraction)
- Day 3 (2-Digit Number Line Subtraction)
- Day 4 (2-Digit Standard Algorithm)
- Day 5 (2-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Review)
- Day 6 (3-Digit Base Ten Subtraction)
- Day 7 (3-Digit Number Line Subtraction)
- Day 8 (3-Digit Subtracting with Regrouping with Zeroes)
- Day 9 (3-Digit Standard Model Subtraction)
- Day 10 (2 and 3-Digit Subtraction Review)
You will not find a lot of regrouping subtraction worksheets in this unit.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Cristi A said, “This was everything I needed and more to teach my 2nd graders this very difficult concept. Pacing ourselves like we did, students were able to build on their ability. Highly recommend this resource.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Tracey T said, “This is a HUGE resource!! I am very pleased! This is excellent for my 2nd graders because you have many strategies to support learning how to solve subtraction with regrouping! Thank you!!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Chloe D said, “I am obsessed with any content made by this TpT user. Since I do not use a textbook for my class, this curriculum addresses skill gaps and scaffolds in a comprehensible manner. I love the little workbooks! I use Astrobrite paper to make the pages pop! I highly recommend this purchase. It is worth it!”
Aligns with Texas TEKS: 2.4BCD
Aligns with CCS: 2.NBT.B.5
CLICK ON THE PREVIEW TO GET A DETAILED LOOK AT THIS UNIT. If you have any questions just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.
Looking for more Guided Math Units? Click Here!
Looking for more Guided Math resources? Click Here!
You can check out my other related units below:
BEST SELLER: Double Digit Addition and Subtraction without Regrouping
BEST SELLER: Addition and Subtraction with Regrouping Word Problem Task Cards
There are no reviews yet.