Do you need engaging 3rd grade math lessons and resources? This pack of 3rd grade guided math lesson plans will help you introduce and reinforce measurement. These PRINT & GO lesson plans will help you teach area and perimeter, capacity, and mass!
This 3rd grade math unit comes with 5 weeks worth of done-for-you lesson plans with a focus on area and perimeter, customary measurement, and metric mass. These lessons about measurement and capacity were created to introduce, practice, and review different types of measurement and they are filled with activities and games to be used as a guide.
These measurement lesson plans follow a guided math format that includes:
- a warm up
- mini whole group lesson
- independent practice
- small group ideas for you to use in your classroom!
In this 3rd grade guided math unit you will not find lots of worksheets, rather, more collaborative activities that will engage students in their work! Plus, there are games and task cards included! All of these 2nd grade math activities come in color and black and white.
❤️This is a fully comprehensive guided math unit. It includes everything from pre and post assessments to vocabulary posters, to interactive notebook activities to games. Not only are they perfect for math centers and can be used all year long, but they are perfect for building the foundation of learning all about measurement, area and perimeter, capacity, and mass! Best of all, center direction and recording pages are included along with answer keys!
Here are the measurement activities that you will get with this unit:
✅ Vocabulary Posters
✅ Anchor Chart
✅Daily Word Problems
✅ Lesson Plans
✅Higher Order Thinking Questions
✅Extra Activities to Use All Year
Check out the lessons plans included and the types of measurement they cover:
- Day 1 (Introducing Area)
- Day 2 (Area with Half Units)
- Day 3 (Area with Repeated Addition)
- Day 4 (Area with Multiplication)
- Day 5 (Area with Multiplication)
- Day 6 (Area to Find Missing Lengths)
- Day 7 (Area with Distributive Property)
- Day 8 (Area with Distributive Property)
- Day 9 (Area with Rectilinear Shapes)
- Day 10 (Area Review and Assessment)
- Day 11 (Introduce Perimeter)
- Day 12 (Perimeter with Missing Side Lengths)
- Day 13 (Perimeter with Missing Side Lengths)
- Day 14 (Comparing Area and Perimeter)
- Day 15 (Perimeter Review)
- WEEK 4 – CUSTOMARY MEASUREMENT (COMING SOON)
- WEEK 5 – METRIC MASS (COMING SOON)
✅If you have any questions about this unit please let me know and I’ll be glad to help. Click on the preview to get a closer look!
Looking for more Guided Math Units? ➡️ Click Here!
Looking for more Guided Math resources? ➡️ Click Here!
There are no reviews yet.