Make teaching math fun during the month of March with these engaging, hands-on basketball-themed activities! This set of activities includes 9 math stations and a writing activity that go along with the big basketball tournament! Each activity is low-prep and easy to set up. Student directions and black and white versions are also included.
Allow your students to spiral review concepts they’ve learned throughout the year by completing a variety of activities in the March MATHness booklet. Students will love exploring different concepts individually or with a partner through these fun activities. They’ll create a bracket and track their favorite basketball math games along the way. They won’t even realize how much learning is going on!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- 10 basketball-themed activities that are perfect for the month of March or any other time of the year
- graphs and data (bar graphs and pictographs)
- addition to 20
- subtraction from 20
- place value
- money to $1.00
- telling time (5 minutes and 1 minute)
- two-digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping
- comparing three-digit numbers
- writing component
- March MATHness booklet cover
- Math game bracket
- Math game checklist
Most of these March Madness math activities are simple one-page activities or require
manipulatives and materials that are readily available in most classrooms.
Prep is quick and easy… Just print the student booklet pages, gather the materials listed, and you’re ready for a fun and engaging math class!