I didn’t plan on blogging tonight but then I saw the confessions linky hosted by my sweet friend Jennifer from Rowdy in First Grade, I know I couldn’t help myself!
1. I put of grading papers for so long this six weeks. I finally spent all day Sunday grading and entering them not realizing that 3 weeks grades were due yesterday…luckily I had some in there but not all of them. Needless to say, 3 week reports went home today and I had to write a few “don’t worry their grade will go up notes!” WHOOPS!
2. There isn’t a class that comes into the computer lab after me. An extra 30 minutes! WOOHOO!!!
3. It blows my mind when a students ask “have we been to lunch yet?”…its like 9:00 am. This happens regularly.
4. “Put this in your black folder (our unfinished work folder) and we’ll work on them tomorrow”…the next day rolls around “Mrs. Bernethy, I can’t find…..” OMG WHY CAN’T THEY JUST STICK THEIR PAPERS IN THE FOLDER WHERE THEY BELONG?!?! Yes, this one deserved all caps!
5. If it wasn’t for brain pop jr. and scholastic news, there wouldn’t be much science or social studies going on.
6. I despise homework. I don’t like sending it home. I don’t like going over it.
7. My desk is always a mess but I promise its organized.
8. Each day, right after P.E., its read aloud time where I read them a chapter book. Since day one, EVERY DAY, they come in from P.E. and ask what we are about to do. They still can’t sit on the carpet without messing with each other.
9. Number 8 reminded me….when you read a story to them and then show them the page, then they always start talking about something that has nothing to do with the story…after every….single…..page….OMG!!!
10. If it wasn’t for wine and other adult beverages, I could not make it through the last few weeks of school!
Don’t get me wrong, I love my sweeties more than anything, but they are wearing me out! 16 more days!
KABOOM! is the one game that I always say every teacher needs in their classroom. It is so versatile and can be used with anything. This is my students absolute favorite game to play and they never get tired of it. I have games made for all subject areas. Read all about this class favorite! ---> bit.ly/KABOOMClassroomGame... See MoreSee Less
One year, we read a story about a little girl who flew around the world and saw many different things, one of which was the Statue of Liberty. When the students were asked to name something she saw on her journey, a little boy said the Spatula Delivery! Too cute!