Struggling to teach multiplication facts? Stop the “this is so hard” mentality that students like to say when it comes to math. With this 3rd grade guided math unit you’ll be given everything you need for your students to succeed when learning their multiplication facts.
These multiplication activities were created to introduce, practice, and review multiplication patterns and properties. Inside this unit, you’ll find activities for repeated addition with arrays and equal groups, multiplication patterns, the properties of multiplication and problem solving.
It includes 20 days worth of highly engaging lesson plans to be used as a guide. These plans include a warm-up, mini whole group lesson, independent practice, and small group ideas. Therefore, it provides a great guided math model for you to use in your classroom.
This unit includes multiplication games and task cards that can be used all year long. You will not find many worksheets in this unit. All activities come in color and black and white. Center directions and recording pages are included, along with answer keys.
The unit includes the following items:
- Vocabulary Posters
- Day 1 (Equal Groups and Repeated Addition)
- Day 2 (Equal Groups and Repeated Addition)
- Day 3 (Arrays)
- Day 4 (Arrays)
- Day 5 (Arrays)
- Day 6 (Multiplying 0’s and 1’s)
- Day 7 (Multiplying 2’s and 4’s)
- Day 8 (Multiplying 5’s and 10’s)
- Day 9 (Multiplying by 3’s, 6’s, and 9’s)
- Day 10 (Multiplying by 7’s and 8’s)
- Day 11 (Commutative Property)
- Day 12 (Associative Property)
- Day 13 (Distributive Property)
- Day 14 (Properties of Multiplication Review)
- Day 15 (Properties of Multiplication Review)
- Higher Order Thinking Questions
- WEEK 4 WILL BE ADDED SOON
Aligns with Texas TEKS: 3.4DEGK, 3.5BC
Aligns with CCS: 3.OA.A1,A3,C.7
CLICK ON THE PREVIEW TO GET A DETAILED LOOK AT THIS UNIT. If you have any questions just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.
Looking for more Guided Math Units? Click Here!
Looking for more Guided Math resources? Click Here!