This post contains affiliate links. You can see my disclosure here.
- Using a permanent marker, color the tip of the popsicle stick. This is to show the kids that this end needs to stick up out of the cup.
- Simply write your sight words, math facts or anything else on the sticks. You also need 5-10 Kaboom sticks per cup. When I make different sets, I use a different color for each one so they do not get mixed up.
- Place them in a cup and your ready to go.
- Place all of the sticks in the cup with the colored end sticking up.
- Have a group of students play rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first.
- The first child draws a stick. If they can read the sight word then they get to keep the stick. If they miss the word they have to put it back in the cup. If they draw a KABOOM stick, they have to put all of their sticks back into the cup! This is a BIG DEAL ya’ll!
- When time is up, the player with the most sticks is the winner!